11 Oct 2018

Job and Mastectomy

Well ladies, even though i went through cancer treatment. I still seeking for job as a food scientist. i search a job in Singapore.

In the similar period my oncology also suggest me to do mastectomy, which is removal for my infected breast. Well it was not an easy decision, as i am still young and could not make any decision, probably i do not know what is it. and my parents very worry about me. well if your parents face a similar problem also will do the same, i think. what do you think?

Then i went to meet the breast surgeon, and discuss regarding to the surgery. He give me option, whether i want mastectomy it self, or with reconstruction. Reconstruction also got many type.

Mastectomy it self took 3 hours if not mistaken. While with reconstruction will took longer time.

After discussing long time, me and my parents deciding to get the surgery. We set the operation date.

It's 1 day surgery. During the surgery time, i got a call for job interview. I am so happy, then i bravely ask them to wait and postpone the interview after i done my surgery. Surprisingly they agree with it. Then come the surgery time.

3 hours

The surgery done, i think i stay in the hospital for a day or two, woke up with a blood bag in my surgery area. then came the day i could back home (not a home it was a rent room).

I rest for a few day if not mistaken,then i went for interview with the blood bag still hanging with my parents accompany me. I remember i bought a white coat for interview.

My interview in somerset, which is chocolate company based in Bandung, Indonesia.
I did interview with COO and her secretary. I honestly told her that i got cancer, surprisingly i got accepted.



Love,
Flora tjhong
https://www.instagram.com/28shadesofpink/

No comments:

Post a Comment